GEM Mechanical believes that an incident and injury free work place is obtainable. Our safety record gives our customers confidence in working with us.
Commitment to Safety — It’s Personal
GEM Mechanical believes that an incident and injury free work place is obtainable. Our safety record gives our customers confidence in working with us. To us, safety is “personal”. We are committed to promoting a safety‐first culture for our workers and our customers. We embrace a culture that empowers our people to take whatever action is necessary to ensure a safe work environment. Safety takes precedence over schedule and cost.
Safety is integrated into all of our work processes. We have programs and procedures that cover every aspect of safety on a construction project. Safety is discussed at our Pre‐Construction meetings and throughout the project lifecycle. With each new project we identify and take steps to address unsafe work practices and conditions to ensure everyone’s safety. Our plan focuses on personal behaviors, properly planning every construction task, and making intelligent choices.
Company Safety Initiatives & Goals
- Zero accidents/incidents is the only goal for each project
- All employees wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) at all time
- Train all employees on Safety policies, OSHA 10, CPR, First‐Aid and AED training
- Train Superintendents and Job Foreman with OSHA 30 certification
- Have a Drug‐Free Workplace with pre‐employment, random and post incident drug
- Provide new employee orientation program that focuses on safe operating procedures
- Identify hazards, develop site specific programs, and review health and safety plans for
- Hold daily and weekly toolbox safety talks at job sites.
- Utilize tools (iPad Apps, videos, MSDS information, etc.) to remind workers of job safety